Saturday, December 6, 2008

5 year ago . . . .

I had my first miscarriage. That is not a something that many people will remember but I will always remember it. The feelings associated with a miscarriage are so difficult to explain that is a loss that I still feel today 5 years later. Yes, it is easier however, it is still a sad day.

Although a sad day without it our lives would be completely different. Our wedding day started our journey towards building a family, 5 years ago we would have never known the winding, twisting road that would lie ahead to finally bring our family together. Although there were times I would doubt God or wondered if he existed why we would have to hurt so much, I will never doubt him again.

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Welcome back to the blog world!!! And, thinking of you on this difficult day. Thank you for sharing so that we can say some added prayers for you.

It was wonderful to see you again last weekend and I look forward to following your journey during your next adoption!

Denise Bryant said...

Hi Wendy - so nice to see you back in the blog world. I totally understand that living life takes precedence over blogging. :) Your boys are so cute, thanks for sharing their pictures!
Thank you for sharing with us what you have been through, I agree with Mindy. (( hugs ))

HeatherV said...

Hi,
Thanks for commenting on my blog.

Excited to hear you are adopting again. Your boys are so cute. Looking forward to following you on this journey again.

Sometimes the pain on the journey can be too much. Glad you saw His greater plan!

The Pastoor Family said...

Just found your site. It's kinda funny....your Wendy, I'm Wendy. We are over here in Grandville and we are almost finished with our homestudy and will hopefully be submitting our dossier soon. This is our first time in the crazy world of adoption, did I read that you are adopting again?

I will be praying for you today. I have had a miscarriage and a stillbirth, I know what you mean about things being easier but also know that in an instant the pain can come back as fresh as it was the day it happened. God doesn't let us look ahead at what he has planned for our future but isn't it great that he allows us look back and marvel at the past and the road that we have traveled? What a testimony to Him!

Wendy P